PHS Flower Show Wins Top International Prize
‘ARTiculture’ earns record 17 awards from IFEA
PHILADELPHIA (September 2014) – The PHS Philadelphia Flower Show received 17 international awards for excellence for the 2014 presentation, “ARTiculture” – including the top prize, the Grand Pinnacle Gold Award — at ceremonies held Sept. 29 in Kansas City, Mo. The honors included five Gold Awards, five Silver, and seven Bronze Awards in the International Festival & Events Association competition.
This was the greatest number of prizes ever received by the PHS Philadelphia Flower Show in the IFEA contest, which includes entries from the Kentucky Derby Festival, Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade, Indianapolis 500 Festival, National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C., City of Dublin Irish Festival, Edmonton Heritage Festival, Ludwig Von Beethoven Festival in Krakow, Rotterdam Festivals; and the World Gourmet Summit in Singapore.
The Flower Show was recognized in a variety of presentation, programming and promotional categories. The prizes included Gold Awards for the show’s Entrance Garden, community outreach program, green practices at the event, and show merchandise.
The winners were announced at the IFEA/Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards Ceremony held during the association’s 59th annual convention and expo. The awards for the Flower Show were earned in the following categories:
- GRAND PINNACLE – GOLD
- BEST FULL-LENGTH TV PROMOTION (6ABC PREVIEW SHOW) – GOLD
- BEST MISCELLANEOUS ON-SITE DÉCOR (ENTRANCE GARDEN) — GOLD
- BEST NEW MERCHANDISE (TRUNK BAG) – GOLD
- BEST MONEY-MAKING IDEA (MAKE & TAKE ROOM) – GOLD
- BEST TV PROMOTION (TEASER VIDEO) — SILVER
- BEST EVENT VIDEO (TEASER VIDEO) — SILVER
- BEST MISCELLANEOUS CLOTHING (SCARF) — SILVER
- BEST CHILDREN’S PROGRAMMING (BUTTERFLY EXPERIENCE) — SILVER
- BEST MEDIA RELATIONS CAMPAIGN – SILVER
- BEST SOCIAL MEDIA SITE (FACEBOOK) – BRONZE
- BEST SPONSOR PARTNER (BANK OF AMERICA) – BRONZE
- BEST GREEN PROGRAM (GREEN MOUNTAIN ENERGY) – BRONZE
- BEST COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM (CITY HARVEST) – BRONZE
- BEST EVENT/PROGRAM WITHIN AN EVENT TO BENEFIT A CAUSE (PREVIEW PARTY AND AFTER-PARTY) – BRONZE
- BEST NEW PROMOTION ACTIVITY (SEARCH FOR GREEN ROOM HOST) – BRONZE
- MOST CREATIVE/EFFECTIVE NEWS STUNT (FLOWER BOMB CAMPAIGN) – BRONZE
The entries included programs, merchandise, print and broadcast ads and media campaigns, posters and graphics, websites and apps, and many other categories.
The PHS Philadelphia Flower Show provides inspirational and informative displays, educational presentations, and entertainment. The 2014 Flower Show attracted 230,000 visitors from around the world.
Tickets are now on sale for the 2015 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show, which will celebrate the movies on February 28 to March 8 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center… It’s “Lights, Camera, BLOOM.”
For more information, please visit theflowershow.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Alan Jaffe, PHS Director of Communications, 215-988-8833, (m) 267-968-0859, firstname.lastname@example.org
Photographs by DoN Brewer
Like The Philadelphia Flower Show on facebook
Follow The Philadelphia Flower Show on Twitter @PhilaFlowerShow #Articulture
Like DoNArTNeWs Philadelphia Art News Blog on facebook
Follow the new DoNArTNeWs.com
Follow DoN on Twitter @DoNNieBeat58
DoNArTNeWS on Tumblr
@donniebeat on Instagram
Donate via safe and secure PayPal in the sidebar.