Call for Entry, The Philadelphia Sketch Club Benefit Open Juried Art Show
Please join us for our next The Philadelphia Sketch Club Annual Benefit Open Juried Art Show to benefit a local non-profit organization. This is an open juried show by The Philadelphia Sketch Club to benefit The Philadelphia Urban Creators, open to all artists. The exhibition will be on view in our historic main gallery in center city, Philadelphia. PSC medals will be awarded during the artist reception. The Philadelphia Sketch Club is the oldest artist club in the US, founded in 1860.
The Philadelphia Urban Creators is a youth and community driven organization that inspires inner-city neighborhoods to transform neglected landscapes into food hubs, social enterprises, and models of urban sustainability. We are change makers; story-tellers, urban farmers, dot connecters, movement builders, and innovators, cultivating knowledge, skills, and local resources to take the health of our communities into our own hands. We engage diverse networks in neighborhood revitalization efforts that build self-sufficiency and pioneer grass-roots economic development, while igniting a unified generation of passionate change agents, social entrepreneurs, and urban creators.- http://phillyurbancreators.
- 2015 The Philadelphia Sketch Club Benefit Art Exhibition – June 19 – July 11, 2015
- Enter Online HERE
- Entry Deadline: Sunday May 24, 2015 at Midnight
- All profits to be donated to The Philadelphia Urban Creators
- See Prospectus: Prospectus 2015 Benefit Show v 1
- Online Assistance Day: Sunday May 24, 2015 at Midnight from 1-5 PM at The Philadelphia Sketch Club. Bring your artwork to the club to be photographed and added to the online art gallery.
- Jury Notification: June 2, 2015
- Delivery of Accepted Works: June 12-13, 2015, 1:00 – 5:00 The Philadelphia Sketch Club or ship to PSC with return postage.
- Reception: Sunday June 21, 2015, 2:00 – 4:00 PM at PSC
– Any 2 dimensional works utilizing any media.
– Maximum allowed size is 44 inches on any one side including frame.
– All submitted works must be offered for sale during the exhibition.
– All works must be framed and wired and ready for hanging. Improperly framed pieces will be rejected.
– PSC will assess a 35% commission on all sales.
– Maximum 5 works allowed per entry.
– Maximum two works accepted per entry to be shown in the gallery.
– All works of an ‘Accepted’ artist will be shown for sale in our free Philadelphia Sketch Club Online Gallery.
PSC medals will be awarded. Awards include First, Second , Third Place Award, 3 Honorable Mentions.
DEADLINE: Sunday. May 24, 2015 at Midnight
FEES: PSC Members: $15 for 1st TWO entries, then $5 for additional entries up to 5 entries.
Non-Members: $30 for TWO entries, then $10 for additional entries up to 5 entries. You can pay via credit card or paypal.
NOTIFICATION: June 2, 2015
You will be notified via email of our jurors decision. You can also check our website.
ASSISTANCE: Sunday, May 24, 2015 from 1-5 PM
If you need assistance with the online entry process, please contact the Faad Ghoraishi firstname.lastname@example.org, 917-270-0800) or optionally, bring your work to PSC on the above date and we can assist you.
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORKS: Friday and Sat June 12 and 13 (1-5 PM) at PSC.
If you are accepted, then you must deliver your work(s) to The Philadelphia Sketch Club.
You may also ship your works via a carrier. You must provide prepaid return postage. Ship to the address below.
PICKUP DATES: Pickup of all Accepted works on July 12, and July 15, 2014 1-5 PM at PSC
The Philadelphia Sketch Club
C/O 2015 PSC Benefit Show
235 Camac Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Show Chair Faad Ghoraishi
“America’s oldest club for artists. Since 1860 the PSC has served as a meeting place, forum for ideas, and a vital bridge between the creators and supporters of art. Past luminaries have included such American masters as Eakins and Anshutz. Present luminaries could include you. We welcome all to the Club, and we urge artists to join in our continuing heritage.” – The Philadelphia Sketch Club
Like The Philadelphia Sketch Club on facebook
Follow @PhilaSketchClub on Twitter
Like DoNArTNeWs Philadelphia Art News Blog on facebook
Follow the new DoNArTNeWs.com
Follow DoN on Twitter @DoNNieBeat58
DoNArTNeWs on Tumblr
@donniebeat on Instagram
Donate via safe and secure PayPal in the sidebar.