Charles Demuth, Turkish Bath, 1916
How do I Look?
Shifting Representations of Queer Identities
January 18th – 29th, 2017
This call is open to LGBTQ artists working in all mediums.
Work submitted must address personal, private, and public perceptions of the queer self and may also reflect on how these have historically changed over time. We are excited to have juror Craig Bruns, artist and Chief Curator at the Independence Seaport Museum in Philadelphia as the juror for the show.
Deadline to submit is Saturday, January 7th, 2017, mid-night
Submissions coming in after the deadline will not be accepted.
Notification of Acceptance Thursday, January 8th 2017
- APPLICATION FEE IS $20 FOR MEMBERS AND $30 FOR NON-MEMBERS. FEE COVERS MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS WHICH ARE ENCOURAGED.
- SMALL WORKS ENCOURAGED GIVEN POTENTIAL LIMITS OF GALLERY SPACE.
- DIGITAL WORK ACCEPTED INCLUDING VIDEO.
- NO PERFORMANCE ART SUBMISSIONS GIVEN LIMITS OF GALLERY SPACE.
- ONLINE APPLICATION ONLY.
In the body of an email: Please include: For each jpeg- Artist’s Name, phone number, title, size, medium, price, and a short description of how the work fits into the exhibition ‘s theme. Number this info to match your images. All Jpegs should be 72 dpi and 2500 pixels max on longest dimension.
- Identify each slide as follows: 1_full_name.jpeg
- Email to: • firstname.lastname@example.org
with the title of the email: How Do I Look submission.
- You will be notified after the jury selection process for drop off dates.VIEW FULL PROSPECTUS and SUBMIT by visiting: www.davinciartalliance.org*How do I Look is a Casa De Duende production
Like DVAA on facebook
SEO and Photoshop by DoN.
Like DoNArTNeWs Philadelphia Art News Blog on facebook
Follow the new DoNArTNeWs.com
Follow DoN on Twitter @DoNNieBeat58
DoNArTNeWs on Tumblr
@donniebeat on Instagram