Art and Artisan Fair at Baker Industries, Call For Entries, Malvern PA
Call For Entries Art and Artisan Fair at Baker Industries October 24 – 25, 2015
A juried event benefiting Baker Industries, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit work rehabilitation program serving adults with intellectual and physical disabilities, recovering substance abusers, individuals on parole or probation, and the homeless.
Our Impact: While Baker Industries works to directly impact the quality of life of its program participants, the results are much more far-reaching: recidivism rates are reduced, welfare rolls are lowered, and taxpayer rolls are increased.
Our Bottom Line: Baker Industries accepts no government funding. Our administrative costs are 8.6% of our operating expenses. 70% of revenue comes from payment of the jobs we do for our customers. The balance is provided by individuals and organizations willing to make charitable contributions to our operating costs.
- Deadline for Entries: September 18, 2015
- Event Dates: October 24, 2015, 5PM – 9PM (Cocktail reception, $35/person) October 25, 2015, 11AM – 4PM (Admission, $5/person)
- Event Location: Baker Industries’ Warehouse 184 Pennsylvania Avenue Malvern, PA 19355
- Entry Details: Send 3-4 images representative of what you will bring to the event with a $5 entry fee. Label JPEG images only as follows: image#_firstname_lastname.jpg. Include your name, contact information, and website. Images will not be reviewed without payment. Go to our online store at www.bakerindustries.org to pay.
- Commission Fees: 70% to artist, 30% to Baker Industries Mail To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Information: Beth Tiewater email@example.com 610-296-9795
- Website: www.bakerindustries.org
- Jurors: Jurors will be state juried members of the Haverford Guild of Craftsmen, a chapter of the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen. www.haverfordguild.org
- 25-40 quality artists and crafters will be chosen.
- All entries must be handmade by the entrant, original, and free of copyright infringement. No class or workshop art; no copies or likenesses of other work.
- All work must be for sale.
- All money will be collected by Baker Industries. Artists and artisans will receive payment within two weeks of the event.
- All items must be labeled and numbered; a list of items, with description if necessary, is required.
- Painters chosen are asked to provide at least 10 paintings. Please provide racks, if possible.
- Crafters will receive the area of a six-foot table. All items may not always be displayed together.
- Fine artists may sell note cards and no more than 20 matted pieces (they will not be hung)
- Hanging items more than 25 pounds and larger than 4 feet must be identified in submission
- Artists and crafters are asked to attend the opening reception on October 24, 2015.
- Baker Industries is not responsible for loss or damage to any art or property brought to the event. The art or property is not insured while at Baker Industries.
- If you have a booth set-up and would like to use it, please indicate this on the entry form. Baker Industries | 184 Pennsylvania Avenue, Malvern, PA 19355 | www.bakerindustries.com
- Baker Industries’ Art and Artisan Fair Entry Form Submissions Checklist
- Completed Entry Form
- $5 Entry Fee
- Files or slides emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or Photos or CD mailed to Baker Industries, 184 Pennsylvania Avenue, Malvern, PA 19355
THIS JUST IN!
There will be a $500 prize to a participating artist at this year’s Art and Artisan Fair! Get your entries in ASAP!!!
Like Baker Industries on facebook
Like DoNArTNeWs Philadelphia Art News Blog on facebook
Follow the new DoNArTNeWs.com
Follow DoN on Twitter @DoNNieBeat58
DoNArTNeWs on Tumblr
@donniebeat on Instagram
Donate via safe and secure PayPal in the sidebar.